[Gocamino] Trail Angels

Suzanne Turner suzanne at turnerstrategies.com
Sun May 20 10:26:12 PDT 2007

As some of you know, I have been pondering how to do the Camino and have decided it would have to wait until my young children are older.  In any event, this morning I was taking a long walk on a hiking trail near home.  The Camino was on my mind, as it often is when I walk.  Also in my thoughts was the discussion on "trail angels" this week on this listserv.  About three-quarters of the way through my hike, a woman whom I know from a completely unrelated spiritual program appeared.  We stopped and chatted.  I laughed and mentioned that she seemed to appear like a trail angel from the Camino.  (She was even wearing a big old crucifix - not so common in secular Washington DC.). Guess what friends?  She has done the Camino and knew exactly what I was talking about!  Who knew? She also gave me these words of advice about my desire to do the Camino, which a pilgrim had given her before she stared: "begin the planning and the rest will take care of itself.". This complements nicely what I've heard on this list:  "live the Camino.". So I feel I had my very own trail angel experience right here in my backyard in DC!  Perhaps the desire is the beginning of the planning and, therefore, the beginning of the journey.  Love to all and buen camino!