[Gocamino] Conques

claire bangasser claire.bangasser at wanadoo.fr
Thu May 17 11:23:16 PDT 2007

 From this Friday, May 18, till next Saturday morning, May 26, my
husband and I will be hospitaler at s at the Accueil Ste-Foy in Conques.

The weather forecast predicts rain and I hear from friends on the GR
65 that it is already crowded. I expect therefore to be receiving wet
and disgruntled pilgrims (between 60 and 80 a day). Unlike at Eunate
and San Nicola, we won't be washing the arriving pilgrims' feet.
We'll offer them a hot tea or coffee, a bed and meals, or a room if
there is place or reservations have been made. And a pilgrim's
blessing if that's part of their own Camino :-)

In the olden days, pilgrims were seen as Godde's messengers, hence
they were to be treated well -- in case they were 'angels in
disguise' I guess.

Being a hospitalera is my way of giving back to the Camino for some
of the many miracles and wonderful encounters I have lived there.

I must say it feels odd not to be walking right now. But we'll be
walking in October and November and I can hardly wait.

To those of you who will come through Conques in the next week,

Bonne route, Bon Chemin et A bientôt!

Ultreya et susceia :-)

claire