[Gocamino] Wintery Camino

blaroli at aol.com blaroli at aol.com
Wed Mar 21 15:36:15 PDT 2007

Luuuuuuuve it!
I wish I were there, pilgrimaging in the snow. Remember the miracle of the pilgrim that went to O Cebreirio through a blizzard on Christmas Eve?
When I was in Vienna a couple of months ago, one day it snowed softly and beautifully at dusk, and as the snow flakes glistened blue in the lights of the Hofburg courtyard I thought that this must be what heaven itself is like.
Also, isn't it true that in winter time one has more energy and can walk a great deal more?
Mari and Susana from the Santiago pilgrims' office were invited by the Bavarian Santiago Confraternity to visit the country. They sent me postcards saying that the whole place is like a fairy tale... in the snow, of course.
At the Camino Association of Santiago Friends in Vienna most of the pictures show pilgrims on their way to Santiago walking through the snow.
Hugs!
Rosina