[Gocamino] The Camino in winter.

Sue Kenney sue.kenney at sympatico.ca
Tue Jun 26 15:23:42 PDT 2007

Kelly,

Don't worry, you shouldn't freeze, although I'm from Canada and we are very used to the cold. Generally it doesn't snow in early November but it might be cool in the mountains. It often starts off cold in the morning and then gets warmer. If you dress in layers, you should be fine. Most refugios don't have much heat so a good sleeping bag will be important.

I walked from Ponferrada in October 2005 and expereinced 10 1/2 days of sunshine out of 12 days. Actually, the rain was a welcome relief.

I had a delightful experience in the city of Logrono. A short woman dressed in black stopped in front of me as I came out of the door of a panaderia. She looked into my eyes, blessed herself and then nodded her head forward with reverence. It was the first time truly understood the honour of being a pilgrim.

Sue