[Gocamino] [Santiagobis] Re: Thoughts on "cheap holidays"

Robert Spenger rspenger at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 26 09:15:33 PDT 2007

In this message, you have avoided the point that it is necessary to
have a properly stamped credencial in order to be admitted to many of
the refugios. It is not a matter of proving to just anyone that you
were on the camino, but a matter of proving to the hospitalera/o at a
particular refugio that you are qualified to spend the night there.
There are many where this is not the case, such as private albergues
and those which do not have hospitaleras/os in attendance. There are
also those who are not all that careful about checking the
credencials, but I have heard of at least one case in which a person
was refused admittance for not having gone enough distance since the
precious stop. But my point is that there are many at which a valid
credencial is a firm requirement.

If you also did not care if you were not admitted to a lot of the
refugios, then I agree that you have a point.

Bob S.