[Gocamino] Convicted ones on the Camino

Robert Spenger rspenger at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 13 10:57:36 PDT 2007

Cherie,

At 62 , he is still just one of the kids. I did the trail route to
O'Cebrero in 2000 at age 75 and did not see any problems with it. (I
was carrying at least twice as much weight.) It might be different in
the rain; I had the advantage of a dry day when I did it. I just
tried the LePuy route (age 82 this time) and, as I mentioned
recently, this makes the camino Francés look like a leisurely stroll
in a city park. After 4 weeks of mud and rain (including 2 1/2 stages
done by motor vehicle) I gave it up at Condom even though I had
another couple of weeks left before the originally scheduled date for
my flight home .

Bob S.