[Gocamino] OOOOOps!

Amy Beckford missamy079 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 5 16:16:02 PDT 2007

Catherine of Aragon was indeed the daughter of Queen Isabella (1451-1504)
and the first wife of Henry VIII.  She is the queen that Henry wanted to
divorce in order to attempt to produce a male heir with Anne Boleyn.
Naturally, we all know how that turned out...

As for Eleanor of Aquitaine (1122-1204), she was arguably an even more
interesting historical figure.  She married King Louis VII of France, with
whom she had two daughters.  After the annulment of their marriage, Eleanor
married Henry II of England; together they had five sons and three
daughters.  Their sons Richard and Henry would eventually vie for the
throne, with Richard ultimately gaining the throne and becoming known as the
Lionheart.  He was succeeded by his brother John.

I hope that clarifies some of the history!

Amy