[Gocamino] New Albergue opening tomorrow

blaroli at aol.com blaroli at aol.com
Tue Jun 5 11:28:49 PDT 2007

Hello you all,
I've been asked to tell you about a new albergue that will open tomorrow, June 6, on the French Camino.
The albergue is located in Viloria de Rioja, in an impressive ancient house, 15 kilometers after Sto. Domingo de la Calzada (on the ninth Camino stage from SJPP). The albergue, at 5 Euros per night,  accommodates 12 pilgrims; communal dinner and breakfast are available for a donation.
The albergue has been put together by Acacio Paz and his wife Orietta, Brasilian pilgrims both.  Acacio is a "carioca" (born and raised in Rio de Janeiro) Why anyone lucky enough to have been born in such earthly paradise would want to ever leave it is something beyond my understanding. -I'm still upset that I had to come back from Rio to New York City... and I like New York-
Well, I guess that the enchantment of the Camino is more powerful than even the most beautiful city on earth.
At any rate... I should think that reserving a place at the albergue will be possible.  You can ask directly by sending an e-mail to acaciopaz at yahoo.com.br  (you'll get an answer right away). I think that Acacio understands English well enough, but, in case you need me to I can translate from and to Portuguese.
You can see pictures of the albergue by going to
http:br.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/acaciopaz/album?dir=/c22cscd&.phrPq2GBRXX8lq6t

If that long address  doesn't go through for you, I'll forward the original message from Acacio with the site and you'll only have to click on it.

Should you stop by the albergue, do ask Acacio to prepare a caipirinha for you. You'll be delighted.  (Sigh!)

Hugs!

Rosina