[Gocamino] Trolls

Robert Spenger rspenger at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 8 12:31:22 PDT 2007

Methinks 'tis time again to touch on the matter of the care and
feeding of trolls. There was an excellent essay on the net at one
time about this subject, but, unfortunately, the URL is no longer
functional. I have a copy of it for my own use, but it was
copyrighted, so I don't believe that it would be legal to broadcast
it to these groups. The best alternative that I can find on short
notice is the Wikipedia definition:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

The main thrust of the essay itself was that the best way to react to
a troll's provocative message is to ignore it. A troll feeds on the
controversy generated by the trolling message. Ignore the message and
the troll starves.

Bob S.