[Gocamino] TGhe new Seven World wonders

blaroli at aol.com blaroli at aol.com
Sat Jul 7 15:44:01 PDT 2007

Hello you all,
You might remember that when the project to choose?the New Seven Wonders of the World by popular vote commenced a couple of years ago the Cathedral of Santiago was a candidate. About a year age when the field was narrowed to 21 the Cathedral did not make it, but the Alhambra did.
The final seven were just announced by the people? who counted the nearly 100 million votes cast through the internet. They are:

The Wall of China,
The Petra monuments in Jordan
The Christ Redeemer in Rio de Janeiro
Macchu Picchu in Peru
The Chichen Itza pyramid in Yucatan, Mexico
The Colisseum in Rome
and
The Taj Mahal in Agra, India

The Egyptian pyramids in Giza, only survivors of the ancient Seven Wonders, remain as an "honorary" World Wonder.

I, for one, am particularly pleased that three of the chosen seven are in our continent, and that the scurrilous complaints that the choices were purposely? anti-Christian?because the finalists did not contain any Cathedrals have proven to be so much nonsense.? The youngest of the chosen wonders is the beautiful statue of Christ Redeemer on the Corcovado mountain that overlooks Rio de Janeiro with open arms. Anyone who has seen it, either from afar or up close, would have to agree that it is, indeed, a wonder.? It was finished in the 1930's.

Hugs!

Rosina
ps Acacio, parabems!