[Gocamino] starting at Pau

Pete Grant pgrant38 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 12 07:47:47 PST 2007

I also used Pau as a jumping off point for Oloron St. Marie when I walked the Somport route.

David Hough on gocamino <camino2003 at sbcglobal.net> wrote: > I can get very cheap flights to Pau

Actually this might be a good plan for a lot of pilgrims.    If the trains are not on strike, one can take one from Pau to Orthez and then walk or take a cab to join the Vezelay route.    That allows one about three days to get used to walking
before arriving at SJPP and its onerous climb.

http://camino.oakapple.net/photo/fr/64/2003-05-14/
http://camino.oakapple.net/photo/fr/64/2003-05-15/
http://camino.oakapple.net/photo/fr/64/2003-05-16/

It always struck me as the height of folly for jetlagged foreigners to
start at SJPP in order to do the hardest day first, when they were least
prepared.