[Gocamino] Pondering...

claire bangasser claire.bangasser at wanadoo.fr
Mon Feb 19 13:38:48 PST 2007

Hi, Kathy,
I would be very happy to have an exchange on this level. It just does
not seem acceptable to many folks.

I went on our first camino to thank Godde for my being alive. I had
come out of breast cancer.
St James... I found the way a spiritual adventure first, bizarrely,
because of all the thousands of people who for the past eleven
centuries have gone there. There were places where I could 'feel'
their presence.
It was also a psychological experience, in the sense that I faced
some of my own demons.
I have seen people doing the Camino for a 'physical' adventure (how
far they could go in one day) and falling into a spiritual adventure.
It seems to me that leaving out the spiritual dimension of the Camino
is missing out a big chunk of it.
To find a place where this could be explored would be fantastic.

claire