[Gocamino] Lori Volking

tinuviel misstinuviel at lovenotwar.us
Tue Feb 13 04:55:52 PST 2007

hi joanie

i think you are right on.
i'm not sure if i really know what moleskin is or how to use it so i
know i didn't bring it with me nor did i 'miss' it.
the name implies the small dead rodents my cat brings to me and it's
unappealing to think of carrying it's hide.

i tried smartwool. i preferred small anklet cashmere socks i had. very
soft. very lightweight. easy to wash, dried quick. i think i left my
smartwool in an albergue somewhere. can't remember why i didn't like
them. i don't like socks in general. it has to get below 10 degrees F.
before i consider wearing a pair in 'normal' life. and then i still
usually veto them. i live in s. maine. it gets cold here, though not
minnesota cold.  i find my feet stay warmer and have less winter
problems (cracking, itching, et al) when i don't wear socks. for me
they cause more problems than benefits. i make sure to wear leather
upper shoes and i cut out a piece of sheepskin following a shoe liner
for the below 10 degree days.

the socks are definitely AS important as the boot. there's a lot of
talk of boots. a strong mention for smartwool socks. that's the end of
sock talk! if the sock is the wrong material, your foot is going to be
a mess.

take care all
tinuviel