[Gocamino] Camino Statistics

Glenn Guha2005 at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 25 10:20:09 PDT 2007

Does anyone know how the numbers are for the Via de la Plata vs. the Camino
Frances for April, May, June of this year?  I imagine that the numbers of
peregrinos increased on both, but did the Via de la Plata get a higher
proportion than in previous years?  Has the publicity trying to divert
peregrinos to alternate routes really been effective?  Is the infrastructure
of the alternatives adapting to more pilgrims on the alternatives?  I did a
couple of 40+ km days on my 2 Caminos and it is not something that I would
want to do frequently, and it has seemed that the Via de la Plata has
several such sections.  But sitting here in Kentucky, I am starting to get
the feeling deep in my heart that one day soon, I will do that South North
Camino.

Glenn