[Gocamino] sleeping bag

Amy Beckford missamy079 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 13 07:51:31 PDT 2007

I had a sleeping bag and found it to be handy, although my friend was
absolutely delighted with her liner.  My sleeping bag weighed 2.5 pounds,
stuffed down to about a food in length, cost roughly $100 from LLBean, and
has been used in previous backpacking trips for everything but winter.  Her
liner weighted a couple of ounces, and thus her pack was significantly
lighter than mine.  Regarding albergues, many pilgrims point out that you
are already inside a building, which is warmer, and you can sleep in warmer
clothing if necessary.  Personally, I think the trick is to spend a few more
euros on a private albergue.  In the municipal one in Ponferrada, we were
all given pillows.  In a private one in Leon, we were given a fitted sheet
and could ask for blankets.  Other than those two places, we really were
given a pillow, blanket, and often a fitted sheet.  Granted, this is no
guarantee, but I think we improved our odds by spending 5-10 euros per night
on cozier albergues, rather than subjecting ourselves to the particularly
large establishments that are donation based.  I hope that helps!

Amy