[Gocamino] preparations for June

KF wolverinedg at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 14 19:49:15 PDT 2007

Lori, The first time I read about the Camino, I immediately experienced a sensation that to do this was "right" for me. I can't describe it, other than to compare it to a huge bell going off & resonating within my whole being.  The opposite of this for me when something is "wrong" is a sense of great resistance, and sometimes hearing or sensing the word "NO" in big, bold letters. :)

  I can't say that I've walked this path in a past life, although I believe in reincarnation.  Perhaps this is why I've always felt that the Route Napoleon was "wrong," at least for me.

  Curiously, though, I recently came across the coat of arms for my mother's family.  Included on the coat of arms is the scallop shell!  Perhaps I am retracing my ancestors' steps?

  Buen Camino!
Kelly

Lori Volding <lvolding at hotmail.com> wrote:
  Happy Spring everyone,

My plans are coming together for my first pilgrimage. I found great targhee
Keen mid boots that are working wonderfully as I train (sizes run short),
and my Osprey pack seems to be the right fit.

I am now concerned about the weight of water. I am hopeful to carry no more
than 10 pounds. After discussions with some help at REI and another great
outdoor gear store, the idea of a 2 liter hydration pack, and one 25 oz
camelbak water bottle was suggested. Any thoughts?

Also I wish to record my experience in some manner. A waterproof journal or
a mini digital recorder has been suggested. Again wt of course is a factor.
This certainly may just come down to personal preference. If the recorder is
encouraged, any specific types suggested?

Lastly, I would like to share a very interesting session I just experienced
with a spiritual energy healer whom I find practices with professionalism
and grace. After sharing my trip destination, I was informed that I had been
there at one time in a past life; there was more insight shared as
well...very enlightening. Has anyone else received such info prior to their
trip, or experienced such connections during their pilgrimage?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Peace be with you all,
Lori