[Gocamino] Osuary

Grant Spangler gaspangler at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 24 20:36:19 PDT 2006

A glaring omission on my behalf. There are three New Testament ‘James’
(Jacob, Iacobos) of note. St James the greater (Santiago Mayor) and St James
the lesser (Santiago Menor) were among the original twelve, St James the
half brother of Jesus and author of the Book of James. Santiago Menor sort
of gets lost in the shuffle. Of the three, Santiago Mayor, the patron Saint
of Spain, has the most written of him. The Martyrdom of James, the son of
Alpheus (Santiago Menor) records that James was stoned by the Jews for
preaching Christ, and was “buried by the Sanctuary in Jerusalem”. Different
sources will cite different opinions on James #2 and James #3, some combine
these into a single individual. And thus we return to Faith. Reading the
opinions of learned scholars is good, knowledge is good. But in the end,
it’s what you believe and what you do with it.

Grant

Grant Spangler
GASpangler at hotmail.com
http://groups.msn.com/ElCaminoSantiago