[Gocamino] [saintjames] Samos Monk

christiantraveller christiantraveller at rogers.com
Sun Oct 15 08:45:16 PDT 2006

Sue!

I was in Samos ten years ago and I do not remember this man's name but I do
remember that he looked well fed and was a very happy looking man
eventhough, as there weres so few monks, he was the one who was looking
after the little store, by the big door, to one side of the monastery.  My
wife's brother died while we were there and we asked him to have a mass said
for the dead; something he quickly arranged for the next morning. It was a
wonderful celebration, upstairs in the little chapel, something we both
cherish in our memories. I will look in my papers in case I did take note of
his name but, a decade later, who knows if he is still alive.

Pierre