[Gocamino] .. and bedbugs.

t misstinuviel at lovenotwar.us
Sun Oct 15 05:10:44 PDT 2006

hi

yes!! in boston, too.
the past several years, especially as the september turn-over of
leases, there have been many, many bedbug warnings and infestations in
boston. it got to the point where all the trash put out for collection
would have pre-printed city warnings posted on it 'bug infestation, do
not take' to try to prevent trash pickers from spreading the critters.

i know that up here in maine, last year the fleas were prolific, so far
this year, not as bad but still prevalent. the cycle for these critters
- bedbugs (human fleas??) and fleas seem to escalate as the summer
winds down. it's as if the little creatures have realized that we have
central heating and it might be better than hibernating under the
frozen ground.

i like the suggestion of oils to combat them. usually with such
remedies, they do a great job of prevention but once the infestation is
abundant, don't actually rid the critters. but simple solutions like
vinegar & soap spray combined with sunlight will kill them off your
clothes and bedding.

take care all
tinuviel