[Gocamino] Now Lice???

Ralph Alcorn rbalcorn at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 09:54:46 PDT 2006

A couple of untried ideas on bedbugs.  When backpacking, we treat our
clothing - hats, etc. with Sawyer's spray permethrin product. Once it dries,
it is harmless to humans, and the clothing can be washed for several weeks,
and it will still repel mosquitoes. This product is something like a .5%
concentration. Other people, including the military, use much stronger
concentrations from garden store products, and that lasts for up to a year.
The product before it dries is very toxic to water life such as fish. Don't
know if washing brings that out again.

Anyhow, did some googling and found that permethrin is the best product to
repel bedbugs. What about buying a single bed fitted sheet to carry with
you,  and treat that? You can also buy treated sleeping bag liners or sleep
sacks, but I found that the refugios were so hot that I was mostly out of my
sleeping bag.

--
Ralph Alcorn
http://www.backpack45.com/camino2.html