[Gocamino] lessons, insights on camino?

Wendy MORRIS wendy.morris at ecu.edu.au
Tue Nov 28 01:03:10 PST 2006

Hello all,

I've just returned from the most wonderful and the most difficult
experience of my life...my first Camino (Frances). And I did it alone!

I found every second an absolute wonder; even the seemingly dreadful
situations I found myself in from time to time, ie walking beside a
highway in wind and hail with buses and trucks belting past on one side,
a ploughed field  (potter's clay!) on the other side, shoe lace undone
and dying for a pee!! Also didn't expect it so didn't pack my stuff in
plastic.....I found myself just stopping and laughing.....very
hard!After all I'd decided to do this!!!!

It's quite difficult to put into words (as you all would know), however
a few things I think I learnt and developed along the way were
flexibility and innovation......... and to trust and believe in my
INTUITION!  This latter has been a great gift. I found following my
intuition very easy for some reason and it never failed to amaze me how
things turned out just "right"....when I listened and followed the
promptings. I also found an open attitude to all experiences was another
gift I seemed to be blessed with from the beginning (even an over
friendly monk and a man who tried to get too familiar in a church!!). In
fact I felt all along that somehow, even though I was walking alone...I
wasn't really. It was the strangest and most mystical thing......

Has anyone out there found this to be the case on their Caminos??

Did any of you find you learn some profound lessons, gained insights?

A big thankyou to all for encouragement and help especially Kathy G.,
Rosina, Grant, Javier, Sue.

Warmest wishes to all

Wendy Morris

Learning @ Your Library

As from 4 December 2006 the Acquisitions Section will be moving to a new
building.
Our new address will be Building 31, Level 4 at the address below

Our phone number will be  +61 8 6304 3805

Library Technician

Library Collections and Access

Knowledge and IT Services Centre

Edith Cowan University