[Gocamino] The Cadiz mini video

blaroli at aol.com blaroli at aol.com
Fri Nov 17 14:43:10 PST 2006

Hello you all,
As tou know, Cadiz is the principal Andalucian seaport and one of the oldest, and historically richest, cities in the region. The city is a short distance from Seville, which is why many pilgrims choose to commence the Via de la Plata pilgrimage there.
The mini video that was mentioned here before (which is quite good, considering....) can be seen, and heard, by going to www.YouTube.com when the main page comes up just type in the blank for selections (upper-right-handish) Spectacles of Spain.  Two things will come up, the first one is the Cadiz video which, reportedly, has been seen by a quarter of a million people, and the other one is a series of lovely pictures taken in the North of Spain around the Pyrenees.
By the way, in the same YouTube site, if you type on the selections bar "Santiago de Compostela" you'll come up with about fifteen mini-videos. They are very touching because of the intimacy they convey to those of us in love with the Camino.  Among them there are two of the Butafumeiro.  One started out beautifully but, seemingly, it was interrupted shortly after the Botafumeiro went aloft.  The other one catches the whole thing, but it is something that anyone may have taken with a video camera standing somewhere between the altar and the door..... and that, I think, makes it endearing.
.....I'm getting the information re the Diabetes articles and the illustrious pilgrims together and I'll make sure to post it before I leave for Vienna next Tuesday.
For a city that makes such a fuss about the Camino as Vienna does, it is surprising that there isn't a Saint James church there.  My first visit to Vienna came about because Mari, the lovely young woman that manages the pilgrims Office in Santiago, rhapsodized about it to me last year when she went there on behalf of the Pilgrims' Office, to perfect her German language skills.  She did not exaggerate in the least.
Some Viennese have told me that there is a lovely church dedicated to Saint James, the pilgrim, in the city of Innsbruck. When I am again in those parts with more time at my disposal I'll go see.

Hugs!

Rosina