[Gocamino] grail etymology

Kathy Gower kathygower at hotmail.com
Mon May 1 21:02:51 PDT 2006

Hi Paul..and how is New Orleans?

Sorry about my spelling...my keys stick...Parzifal, also spelled Perceval..

a legend circa 1180-1190 about knights and supposedly the first story (a
romance) written about the Holy Grail whch held the blood of Christ caught
in a vessel (?) by Joseph of Arimethea....

Wolfram von Eschenbach, Cretien de Troyes and others passed the story of a
Grail Castle and a simple knight who stumbled upon it ...a quest, to which
Parcifal did not ask the question, "what ails thee" of the Fisher King...and
was doomed or fated to adventure ... a story told by troubadors as they
entertained kings and pilgrims alike...

Do you know it or want to know more?