[Gocamino] NYC pilgrims wanted

Kathy Gower kathygower at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 8 10:46:05 PST 2006

I received this request from a NYC pilgrim

Hi, Kathy,

....Please do what is necessary to connect me with NYC members.  My private
e-mail address is jejay3 at aol.com and my home phone number is
718-729-1217.  I am retiring as of April 30 so this work e-mail would
not be here after that date.

By the way, I watched a 2-1/2 hour movie called Within the Way Without
about the camino done by a Norwegian man in the winter, a Japanese
woman
in the spring and a Brazilian woman in the summer and I was riveted.
It
is professionally done, with Sir Richard Attenborough no less as the
narrator.  And then, I have also just read a book called Walk in a
Relaxed Manner by Joyce Rupp and it has been the best book about the
camino I have ever read.  Let me know if you are interested to get more
details.  You might want to recommend them to our members.

Counting the days - 65 more - till camino.  Thanks for your help.

Jess Espinosa
212-337-5668

>>>Kathy Gower <kathygpilgrim at yahoo.com> 03/07/06 8:39 PM >>>
Hola Jesse,

I looked up vcny and am very impressed...I work for
Sophia Project, a communal daycare for at risk for
homelessness families and the work is at once
rewarding and terribly depressing at times.

A pilgrimage is in order, of course, as renewal and as
a break from all the difficult work we do...time to
reconnect with the spirit that leads us to do what we
do...

and now,  we have many NYC members, but I wonder if
you'd like me to put your call out on a list serve?

let me know,
Kathy Gower, chair
American Pilgrims on the Camino,
San Francisco, CA