[Gocamino] Last minute suggestions - Spain vs France

backpack45scb rbalcorn at gmail.com
Sun Mar 5 12:27:43 PST 2006

We've been hiking the Le Puy route in France the last two years, did
the Camino in 2001. The trails in France include a lot of road walking
- and when trail leaves the road, there is usually a way to continue
on a small road and bypass the trail, so a stroller is more doable.
I'm assuming you are talking about one of those 3 wheeled bicycle tire
strollers. In Spain, you are mostly on trails. There will be many
sections where carrying a 15 pound pack will be much easier on you
than pushing a stroller. I have heard of a couple instances of someone
pulling a two wheeled shopping cart, and that sounds easier to me than
pushing a stroller.
Ralph Alcorn
http://www.backpack45.com/camino2.html