[Gocamino] sculpture of St. James?

blaroli@aol.com blaroli at aol.com
Thu Jun 22 11:07:24 PDT 2006

 Hi Kat and you all,
Please tell the priest of the (New York) church that wants a statue of Saint James to get in touch with me. I'll either bring him one when I come back from Santiago or will have one sent. If the church is nearby I'll go visit and speak with the priest directly..
I have a lot of messages and Camino news to convey to you all, but the World Cup has taken up all my time  (nine hours a day every day for the last ten, plus the celebrating, or grieving time, etc.), but there will be fewer games to watch after tomorrow (although they'll be the ones that count), and then I'll try to catch up with things.
I'll be going to Rio the weekend of July 8th to watch the final match there to partake of the exhilarating  joy if the Brasilians win, or the national tragedy if they lose. Then I'll have two fairly free weeks in New York before  leaving for the Camino at the end of the month.
(You may remember that Ronaldinho, the "Brisilliant" player, rated for the past two years as the best in the world, walked the Camino in 2004. While in Santiago  he made, for free, a promotional video of the Camino in which he ran up the Obradoiro stairs dribbling the ball with his head; when he reached the top he made a "bicycle" kick which was quite a feat since the ball never touched the ground; unfortunately, the ball went straight through one of the front Cathedral windows and shattered it.  Needless to say, Ronaldinho had the window replaced.... and then some. (By the way, he was christened after San Francis of Assisi).
Big hug!
Rosina

 ).