[Gocamino] Pilgrims to 6/30/06

blaroli@aol.com blaroli at aol.com
Mon Jul 24 13:55:39 PDT 2006

Hello you all,
The pilgrims' data for june 2006 have been posted in the Archdiocese's webpage.  While so far they are only available  in Spanish  I am sure that no one here will have any difficulties reading them. Nevertheless, let me know if you would like something translated.
Up to June 30, 2006, 31,648 pilgrims have merited, and received, the Compostela (we know that the largest number of pilgrims arrive at Santiago during July and August), and it looks like this year, again, the total number of pilgrims will be significantly larger.
What is of note in June is that foreign pilgrims outnumber Spaniard ones significantly (61.5% vs. 38.5%). Another notable datum is that pilgrims over sixty years of age also outnumbered those under thirty (22% vs 16%).
Again, to reach the site go to     Archicompostela.org
when the page comes up press on the multicolored shell at the highish center of the page, on the next page press on the Flag of Spain, and on the next page press on "Estadisticas" on the listings at the bottom of the page. The next page will show you the months and you can select the data from any month from Enero (January) to Junio (June) inclusive.
Regards,
Rosina