[Gocamino] Anyone there?

Eileen Hamer ehamer at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 19 07:56:46 PST 2006

Every morning when I check my e-mail, I look for someone from the Camino--but the last few days, there's nobody there.   I check out the O Cebreiro webcam, look at my calendar to see that next year, I'lll (I hope) be taking off for Roncesvalles in May, and try to talk myself out of that coffee cake for breakfast.  I hear so much about the weight of the packs, but that roll around the waist is even more evil.

Last year I went on a van-supported two week trip, and even though it was hot as hell, the little hotels had no ac and I slept about 2 hours a night, my feet swelled, I got that horrible heat rash, all my joints ached and I felt like the dog's breakfast, it was the one of the best times of my life.  Mostly what it left me with was the need to go back, to go alone and take the time to explore and think as I went, to walk the whole way. . . so here I am, 63, fat, with a bum knee and skin that burns if you look at it, and I'm trying to get in some at least reasonable shape to go either this year or next May.

Cheerleaders gratefully accepted!

Eileen Hamer
ehamer at earthlink.net
EarthLink Revolves Around You.