[Gocamino] Santiago's, El Cid's and Alexander's horses

James Eyskens jeyskens at austin.rr.com
Mon Aug 7 06:51:20 PDT 2006

If anyone wants to read a highly entertaining history in English of El
Cid try 'The Quest for El Cid by Richard Fletcher'.  El Cid's given name
was Rodrigo Diaz.  The great medieval epic El Poema de Mio Cid is worth
reading even in translation. I believe its far superior to the Chanson
de Roland, which is largely medieval romance.

The movie was entertaining but it's Hollywood epic not history.