[Gocamino] Re:The Turista Two-step

John Paterson nosertap at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 25 12:10:41 PDT 2005

Hi All,

I had a similar experience to Rosina in Fromista.
After a night
of agonizing cramps & sweat I went to a medical
clinic. It was not a hospital "Urgencies". Many people
were waiting, all with appointments, but after asking
me why I was there (my son did his best to translate)
- they moved me to the head of the line. After
communicating as best we could with the doctor
(clipped Spanish & hand signals) - he gave me a couple
of prescriptions - then charged me nothing! I then
went to fill my prescriptions, which included a 28 day
regime - and was charged $13 euro's! After a couple
days bed-rest (his orders) the treatment did the trick
and after a short period found myself "normal". Those
that helped turned what could have been a travel
disaster, into integral part of my camino tapestry.

Regards,

John P.