[Gocamino] More on Tema Jacobeo photographic contest

Blaroli at aol.com Blaroli at aol.com
Mon Oct 3 09:55:03 PDT 2005

Hello you all,
I am glad that, finally, you have been able to access Lady Foppa's winning
photograph through Google. The Googlian translation of the article is, of course
 silly, and inaccurate, beyond belief..
To answer some of your questions: the name of the photograph is L'ostrego
(with the accent on the first o) which means "lightening".(as a meteorological
epiphany).

In addition to the main contest there was a secondary 'minor'  contest
referred to as "accesit". Well, the winner of that contest is yet another Brasilian
pilgrim, Isabel Reigosa. The title of her ouvre is "Amor no Caminho" (love on
the Camino.........which theme being a typically Brasilian  preoccupation does
not surprise me a bit) and it shows a kiss frozen in time for eternity;  the
second place went to Eduard Giralt who captured light filtered through the
Camino trees and the third went to Carlos Bustamante whose work shows the back of
a pilgrim walking towards the sky.
A fellow archicofrade in Santiago will try to get a full-sized copy of
theCruz de Ferro picture for us; if she does I will send it to Kat Gower so that she
can include it in her admirable "American Pilgrims on the Camino" magazine.
Big hug to you all, and have a nice week.

Rosina