[Gocamino] Bilbao to Roncesvalles, Part III

Grant Spangler gaspangler at hotmail.com
Tue May 31 10:12:03 PDT 2005

OK,

Here are a few of the missing details for flying into Bilbao (airport code:
BIO).
It’s a striking new terminal building, and they currently handle about a
million passengers per year. The airport is about 10 km north of town and
there is a bus which whisks travelers to the city center. The bus line is
BizkaiBus, after Bizkaia, the Basque spelling of the province Vizcaya. The
bus is number A3247 and runs half-hourly from the airport to the city, and
vice-versa. There are three stops in the city before you get to where you
want to be. Stay on the bus until Termibus, the Bilbao main bus station.
There is a Metro just steps away: San Mamés.

TEMIBUS Estación de autobuses
Calle Gurtubay, 1
48013 BILBAO (Vizcaya) España
Phone +34 944 395 205

I found five references for the time tables, all of which were different. I
finally happened upon two PDF documents from BizkaiBus, and decided to take
their word for it. I consolidated these two PDFs into one, and replaced the
Basque text with English. It has been uploaded to the Web for immediate
access by the pilgrim community, and is clickable here:
http://www.ElCaminoSantiago.com\PDF\Info_City_Bilbao_Airport_BizkaiBus_A3247.pdf
.

Those who wish to take the bus to Pamplona can do so at the TERMIBUS
station.

Compañía de Autobuses La Burundesa

07:30 Monday – Saturday
08:30 Sunday & Holidays
10:00 Monday – Saturday
11:45 Sunday & Holidays
13:30 Monday – Saturday
16:00 Daily
17:30 Sunday & Holidays
18:00 Monday – Thursday + Saturday
18:30 Friday
20:00 Daily

Those who wish to get to RENFE, take the Metro south to Abando, the 3rd stop
from San Mamés.

RENFE
(Red Nacional de Ferrocarriles Españoles)
Plaza Circular, 2
48008 BILBAO (Vizcaya) España
Phone +34 944 879 219
Phone +34 902 10 52 05
Fax     +34 944 230 072
Web    www.renfe.es

FYI, here are the other train systems in Bilbao:

FEVE
(Ferrocarriles de Vía Estrecha)
Bailén, 2
48003 BILBAO (Vizcaya) España
Phone +34 944 250 615
Phone +34 902 100 818
Web    www.feve.es

EUSKO TREN
(Eusko Trenbideak Ferrocarriles Vascos, S.A.)
Atxuri, 6
48006 BILBAO (Vizcaya) España
Phone +34 944 339 500
Fax     +34 944 331 687 / +34 944 336 009
Web    www.euskotren.es
Stations:
Estación Casco Viejo Zazpikaleak
Arenal, s/n