[Gocamino] Post this to the list

Kevin Lynch klynch at ljj.com
Mon Mar 28 05:31:22 PST 2005

The Camino helps youngsters grow up and oldsters feel young again.

Kevin Lynch
(oldster)
2001 Roncesvalles a Santiago de Compostela

On 3/27/05 7:21 PM, "Rebekah Scott" <rebrites at yahoo.com> wrote:

> A 17-year-old pilgrim?
>
> My son Philip is 17, turning 18 in August. He wanted to volunteer with a
> literacy group in rural India, but couldn't go until he turned 18. Having
> heard his mom and step-father obsess for years about the Camino de Santiago,
> he's asked us to ship him over to Pamplona in June so he can walk The Way.
> I am thrilled and excited. But I'm also having second thoughts about someone
> so young and so American walking so far on his own. His step-dad, who walked
> the Way in 2002, will take him there and walk the first couple of days with
> him, and will greet him in Santiago when he arrives...they will come back to
> USA together. (stepdad patrick is doing a hospitalero stint on the Via de la
> Plata whilst Philip does the Camino Frances.)
> I say all that to say this: What do you wise heads think? Is 17 too young?
> Will he be OK? What do you think?
> Rebekah
>

> Rebekah Scott, periodista
> Westmoreland County bureau
> Pittsburgh Post-Gazette USA

We Build Lives.
Kevin Lynch -- President -- Rebuild Resources, Inc.
602 Prior Avenue North - St. Paul, MN  55104
651-255-5661 direct --- 651-645-2064 fax --- 612-723-4209 cell