[Gocamino] planning foe June pilgimage

Dennis Harrod dennisharrod at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 15 15:44:10 PST 2005

If you're in the mood for reading, Nancy Louise Frey has a very interesting
discussion of pilgrim attititudes toward , what is "an authentic pilgrim" in
her book Pilgrim Stories, on and off the road to Santiago. Never having walked
the Camino myself, I can't comment. But my daughter and I will be walking from
Leon in May, so I expect to find out.

Dennis

--- Molliebird at aol.com wrote:

> Hello,
> My friend and I are planning a short pilgrimage in June to celebrate my
> 50th
> birthday.  Because of time and health constraints we only have one  week and
>
> are planning to walk the last 100 km or so.  After reading a lot  of
> materials, I get the feeling that those that do only the last phases of the
> camino are
> looked down upon.  Any thoughts or suggestions on this?   thanks!

Dennis C. Harrod, Spanish Language Coordinator
316A H.B. Crouse
Syracuse University
Syracuse, NY 13244
(315) 443-5491