[Gocamino] Re: Le Puy Route

jnollar at library.caltech.edu jnollar at library.caltech.edu
Thu Jun 23 14:23:43 PDT 2005

 My husband and I walked the entire Le Puy Route in September over three
years.  Amen, Amen to all of Kathy and Eldor's excellent comments and
suggestions. Upon reflection after completing the entire Pilgrimage, we
found our hearts yearning most to repeat the Le Puy to Conques section.
I would re-emphasize Kathy's comment about the walking being more
rigorous than in Spain - the surface underfoot in many places is rocky
and is much rougher than in most of Spain, and I wouldn't have wanted to
be without really sturdy walking shoes or light boots.  There is a lot
of climbing up out of river valleys and back down again at the end of
the day; I found stairwalking a good preparation for this trip.
September also had lovely wildflowers and herbs along the way, there
were black berries on the bushes, and the heather was in bloom.  We just
returned from Vezelay, and although the countryside is very pretty, I'll
think you'll find the Le Puy route much more interesting. Whenever you
do it, it will be a magnificent experience and a blessing in your life.

Judy Nollar