[Gocamino] Mansilla to Leon

Charles O'Brien chasobrien at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 17:53:47 PST 2005

The worry of the anticipation far exceeds the reality. Unless you run
into some really foolish pilgrims who insist on walking on both sides
of the highway, forcing the truckers to steer a very, hairy course
between them, it's really not all that bad. In a driving rain, it can
be less than delightful, but what the hell, isn't it all part of the
experience?
And missing crossing the Meseta? No, that's certainly is part of the
experience. Weird Canadians from Manitoba and thereabouts (and perhaps
any errant Russians from the Steppes) should know what I'm talking
about. Hell, for that matter, anyone from the Plain States could
appreciate the beauty--yeah, desolate, hot, and intensely flat--of
crossing the Meseta.

Chuck '98 & '02