[Gocamino] Message just received from Santiago

Blaroli at aol.com Blaroli at aol.com
Wed Feb 23 19:17:58 PST 2005

Hello you all,
Below is a translation of a message I just received from Fr.Don Juan Jose
Cebrian Franco; head of the sociology Department of the Archdiocese, author of
about 20 Santiago books and brother of Fr. Don Jenaro Cebrian Franco, who is now
in charge of the Pilgrims' Office.  The message was sent to me, I think, for
expediency's sake and so that it would be translated:

"Dear Rosina,
The 1,000 Dlls. check sent by the California Confraternity (sic) arrived
today. It arrived well and it will be deposited tomorrow.  My brother Jenaro has
asked me to tell you (all)  Thank you!  May God repay you! It is a very
valuable help to us because the office was in dire need of such (computer) reforms.
With the new government that we now have in Spain we cannot expect any
subsidies from them.  We must reduce the (Pilgrims') office staff to its minimum and
expect greater productivity from those who remain....
(Accordingly, great are) our thanks, and  may God repay you (all).
Please let all know.
Jenaro wanted to write today (to those in San Francisco) but had to leave it
until tomorrow because it seemed to him that the letter written by a young
woman who knows English was not expressive enough. Tomorrow he will write them a
proper letter  and have it translated into English.
So long.  May God bless you (all).
A sincere embrace full of gratitude.
Juan Jose Cebrian Franco".

Note:   "you" in English is used both for singular or plural addressee or
addressees. This is not so in Spanish.  Father Cebrian's message, as written,
was meant for plural addressees, which is why I added (all).
I m forwarding the original message to Kat Gower and maybe she will know how
to post it for all to see.   Alas! I am a computer dunce and don't know how to
do those things, but I do know that forwarded messages to Gocamino or Saint
James don't arrive.
Perhaps I should mention that Don Jenaro is also a Canonigo, that is, one of
the Senior officiating priests at the Cathedral, as was Don Jaime.
Regards,
Rosina