[Gocamino] Pilgrim Masses

Donald Schell donaldschell at saintgregorys.org
Fri Feb 18 13:01:41 PST 2005

dear pilgrim friends

One of my happiest memories of a pilgrim's mass was Santa Maria (I
think) in Puenta la Reyna.  After mass the priest invited all the
pilgrims back up to the rail and laid hands on each of us one by one,
asked our native language and offered the ancient pilgrim's prayer in
Spanish, Portuguese, Germany, English, French, and (as I recall)
Polish.  Then he invited us back to see his 'friends' and we climbed up
into the choir loft where he proud showed the wonderful carvings of St.
James and other apostles that no one but the choir could ordinarily
see.

love,
donald