[Gocamino] Pilgrims' Office; unclaimed little books; translations

Blaroli at aol.com Blaroli at aol.com
Wed Feb 2 14:23:17 PST 2005

Hello you all,
Owing to the continuing efforts to refine and redefine the computer
facilities at the pilgrims' office, it does not appear that the pilgrims' statistics
will be posted anytime soon on  the pilgrims' section of the Cathedral's web
page.  They are working on it, however and perhaps they will be able to do it in
a few weeks.
Meanwhile, they are very busy  putting together the extensive and  special
edition of the Compostela magazine, that will be chockfull of pilgrims'
information.   When I get my copy I'll post those items that might be of particular
interest.

Some of you have already received the little guide books. Again, the books
list every single town that is crossed, and the distance from town to town and
the total distance traveled from the point of departure (Somport, Roncesvalles
or Sarria). Some of the towns may be only a small cluster of houses,
nevertheless, they are all listed.  Next to the names of the towns appear three
columns:  one headed "Prov" which shows an abbreviation of the Province, another
headed "A" for Albergue and another headed "CS" for Comida (food.....bars, grocery
stores, restaurants) and Servicios (bathrooms and such).  Under the "A" and
"CS" columns there may be a "SI" (yes) next to the name of the town.  Under the
"A" column, if the "SI" is in RED it means that there is a public albergue in
the town (and probably a private one as well since most localities with
public albergues seem to also have private ones)  if the "SI" is in GREEN it means
that there is (are) only private albergue(s).
At the end of the booklets there are suggested walking stages  and their
distance in kilometers, and, lastly,a graph diagrams in the last pages show the
altitude of various places in meters.
The legends in the first couple of pages are practical recommendations.  I
can translate them, if you wish.

Now, I haven't heard from some of the people who had asked me to get things
for them in Santiago, consequently,  I have the following left:
Five Pilgrims' Office posters (with all their cards);. while the  posters
only cost 1 Euro,  ($1.40), a mailing tube to send them and postage would cost
about four dollars.
One official "Meta del Camino"  CDRom, in all languages.  That cost 20 Euros
($28. dlls) and sending it would cost about three bucks.
One "La Flecha y la  Vieira"  (The arrow and the shell) book that depicts the
Camino in watercolors (it''s lovely); that cost 36 Euros ($50.40 Dlls) and
sending it would cost about four or five dollars.
Three of the little guide books. Two cost 5 Euros ($7. dlls) and one 5.20
($7.28); mailing them costs about three dollars. .

I'd like to be finished with all this, so, on a first-come first-served I'll
send them to
 anyone of you who may want them.  Please let me know.

Warm regards,

Rosina