[Gocamino] Travel-taxis

Lydia Banales lydia at banales.net
Fri Aug 26 08:17:32 PDT 2005

In Viscarette, we had to cut short our walk to to my bad knee. We took a
taxi from Viscarette to Zubiri and from Zubiri to Pamplona. We asked how
to find a taxi at the bar-cafe in Viscarette. The taxi driver lived near
the bar but we had to wait several hours because the taxis often have
contracts with some of the manufacturing businesses to drive workers to
and from the town. The driver could only go as far as Zubiri, but he put
us in touch with the taxi driver there. If you ask politely, people will
go out of their way to help you. I'm assuming that if this taxi service
was available from Viscarette to Pamplona, it's probably available the
other way. The cost was not outrageous. We negotiated the price with the
drivers. These are probably not real "taxi" services; I don't remember
any meters. The drivers were pleasant and honest. Lydia