[Gocamino] Calling cards

Grant Spangler gaspangler at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 7 11:15:26 PDT 2005

Brooke,

French-bought cards work in France, Spanish-bought cards work in Spain. Many
tobacco shops (estanco) and news stands have phone cards available for
purchase. Ask about the various 'deals' for calling to your home turf. All
cards are different. Some are rechargeable. Some are refused at certain
payphones and allowed on others. Many also time out after 60 days from their
first use, regardless of the time left on them. I have never used a US card
in Europe, but my dad did a few times. It's generally much chaper to use the
telcom card from the country you are visiting than to try to use a
US/Canadian card. Same goes for a moble phone. Yes, you can take your GSM
phone to Europe and it will work, but the rates are criminal. Buy or rent a
phone in the country you are in, if that is your path. I find the tarjeta
telefonica is just fine. Lighter too. No batteries.

Buen Camino,

Grant

Grant Spangler
GASpangler at hotmail.com