[Gocamino] Re: not a wilderness

Grant Spangler gaspangler at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 28 07:30:50 PDT 2005

Finding mountain gear in Spain is do-able, but not necessarily as simple as
it appears on the surface. I have never had to get a major piece or
Peregrino paraphernalia on the Road.  I did look for a decent fanny pack to
no avail from Logroño onwards. We were able to re-outfit one pilgrim in
Pamplona to replace her boots from hell, and another pilgrim in Logroño on
the same theme. In Pamplona we also changed packs for one pilgrim, a
fortuitous find shopping the Casco Viejo. The overburden and replaced stuff
went home in a box from Correos. You need to spend a good portion of a day
shopping; this usually means one layover day. Those on a tight return
schedule might be able to afford the cash, but not the time. Language skills
come into play, those fluent would have little problem, those linguistically
challenged could be in dire striates.

Get it right at home. Carry it on. Walk away.

Grant

Grant Spangler
GASpangler at hotmail.com
http://groups.msn.com/ElCaminoSantiago