[Gocamino] Legendary Hospitalero

Ana Young ayoung2001 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 27 20:07:42 PDT 2005

Don't forget Tomas
> at manjarin and his
> minimal and eclectic Refugio.  He prays over you if
> you're feeling
> poorly.

He does far more than pray if you're sick. I caught
gastroenteritis while I was on a stop there. It wasn't
caused by anything I ate or drank at his place, as I
had just arrived and was planning to move on after a
couple of hours rest.

His "acolyte" that year happened to be a doctor, and
he examined me and recommended strongly that I go to
hospital in Ponferrada. Tomas swung into action
immediately, taking his doctor helper and me into his
car. When we arrived, they wouldn't leave the hospital
until I had been seen. When they recommended I stay
overnight until my stomach was clear, Tomas readily
agreed to return in the morning and take me back to
his refugio to recuperate.

When we arrived back at his place, they lovingly put
me to bed in the biggest bed available, fed me and
made sure I was completely well before I moved on in a
couple of days. And, of course, I got to witness his
Templar services.

I left as hefty a contribution as I could afford.

Definitely worth a stop.

Ana