[Gocamino] Legendary Hospitalero

Rebekah Scott rebrites at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 27 18:14:55 PDT 2005

There is also an old woman along the road into Logrono. She sets up a card table outside her junk-filled yard and hands out figs and god-knows-what other kinds of "refreshments" for pilgrims.

She also has a big collection of international newspaper clippings featuring herself, there on the tabletop. When I passed by a great crowd of admirers was gathered round her, so I suppose that adds up to legend. At least it was helping an elderly lady enjoy herself!

When I grow up, I want to be a Camino Legend!

Rebekah

Rebekah Scott, periodista
Westmoreland County bureau
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette USA