[Gocamino] Tim Moore's book

Stuart Thompson stuart7691 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 15 13:19:25 PDT 2005

I'm almost finished reading his book about walking the Camino with his donkey Shinto.  It's one of the most endearing books that I have ever read.  Reading it inclines one to admire not only the author for his ability to retell his experience in a very entertaining way, but it also makes one admire Shinto as an intriguing creature.

The ISBN is 0-312-32082-5, title in U.S. and Canada is "Travels with My Donkey", St. Martin's Press (2004), whereas the title in Great Britain is/was "Spanish Steps".  I think E.O. has posted at least once on the subject of this book.

This is one book that I will be sorry to have finished.  I will probably read it again someday, but it's hard to imagine enjoying it the second time as much as the first.

For those who like(d) Tim Moore's book, you might enjoy Graham Greene's under-appreciated novel Monsignor Quixote.  I have read that little treasure twice and look forward to reading it again in the future.  It's not about the Camino, but is both set in Spain and depicts a sort of a quest that the hero goes on, and it's a mock epic similar to Tim Moore's book about the Camino.

Buenos libros!