Love letter to the Camino

Rosina Lila BlaroliaAOL.COM
Fri Sep 17 18:47:21 PDT 2004

Hello you all,
In all honesty, I haven't been up to snuff, physically or emotionally, since
I came back from Santiago, (far from it) , and haven't had the animus to write
about the wonders of the  Via de la Plata that I so much want  to share with
you.
Hopefully, I will be able to do so soon.
Meanwhile.... A Brazilian pilgrim posted a love letter to the Camino today
which, I am sure,  speaks for all of us.... albeit, in that inimitable
Brazilian way.
 The following is an attempted  translation of the letter:

"My dear Camino de Santiago,
I love you.
I know that only in this way, loving, I can write to you.
 Today I write as a woman and as a lover, exactly in the same way that I
walked your demanding  and beautiful trails full of  "hard sand, mud,  sun and
rain".
To me you are the Camino de Santiago , and, so, symbolically, the Camino of
life. You are life itself:  pure, distilled, purveyor of pain and of passion
and of so much more,... as any great love must be.
I love you!
With your welcome and your generosity I entered your forests, your valleys,
your fields and your long long  trails.  And, little by little, I began feeling
the sensitivity and the art  with which you entered my veins, my bones, my
blood, and the magical recesses of my very being.
Today you and I are lovers, and our love is forever, as all true love must
be.
Antonella Zara"

.......I thought you'd relish this letter.
 I'm not a good translator .... nor can I possibly, ever, even begin to
suggest the melodic  poetry of the letter in its original language;    so here is
the original version -minus the accents, etc. which my keyboard does not have.

"Meu querido Caminho de Santiago, amo voce.
  Entendo que somente assim, amando, posso escrever para voce.  Hoje lhe
escrevo como mulher e como amante, exatamente da mesma forma que percorri suas
arduas e belhas trilhas cheias de "poeira lama sol e chuva".
   Voce, para mim e o caminho de Santiago porem e tambem, simbolicamente,
Caminho da vida. Voce e vida em seu estado puro e destilado, voce e dor, e
paixao, e e muito mais, como somente um grande amor sabe ser.  Eu amo voce! Com a
sua permissao, sua generosidade, penetrei seus bosques, vales, campos, seus
longos caminhos.  E fui sentindo como, pouco a pouco, com sensibilidade e arte
voce penetro minhas weias, meus ossos, meu sangue,  as cavernas magicas do meu
ser. Hoje somos amantes e nosso amor e eterno como todo o verdadeiro amor.".
Big affectionate hug,

Rosina