Compostelle photos and haikus

David Hough camino2003aCOVAD.NET
Thu Sep 16 06:05:17 PDT 2004

One of the highlights of my camino, before I'd even started, was the aid rendered
by Rene
Gastineau as I was learning about and preparing for the relatively new route
connecting Cluny
and Le Puy, which I recommend to anybody with survival-level knowledge of French
and an
interest in pioneering away from crowds or indeed away from almost any other
pilgrims.   My
hiking hat is permanently adorned with a pin bearing the Council of Europe's logo
for the
ways to Santiago, that Rene gave me.   He sent me updates to the guidebook and
other advice and
we finally met in Champdieu along with his friend Guy Dutey:

http://camino.oakapple.net/photo/fr/42/2003-04-17/

and we had a pleasant afternoon sipping beers and viewing photos of his caminos.

So it was with great pleasure that I received notice of their trilingual new
picture/haiku book

http://www.amis-st-jacques.org/pages/compostelle.html

which perhaps contains some of Rene's photos and Guy's haiku that they also lent
me for use
on my website, as can be seen at

http://camino.oakapple.net/podiensis.html

I will be getting a copy via amazon.fr

http://www.amazon.fr/exec/obidos/ASIN/2952050945/

where I also discovered an earlier work I'd forgotten about

http://www.amazon.fr/exec/obidos/ASIN/2746805367/

which however appears to be in French only.

The guidebook I used is also still there at

http://www.amazon.fr/exec/obidos/ASIN/2844660568/qid=1095339716/

The main problem with ordering from amazon.fr or .de or .uk is that the shipping
is usually more
than the cost of the book or CD.