Walking for Wildlife

Sue Kenney sue.kenneyaSYMPATICO.CA
Mon Sep 13 14:36:33 PDT 2004

Jean,

What a great story. I would love to get your book and will email you off
line.

I found writing helped me to integrate the Camino into my "real life"
here at home. I thought I would use my diary as the base for the
stories, but I ended up writing the stories and using my diary as a
reference. My book is more of a memoir then I expected, and includes a
bit of how to be a pilgrim; philosophy; history and folklore; tales of
the people I met; a spiritual journey; the sport of rowing as a metaphor
for a pilgrimage in life ( was a competitive rower before I left) and so
much more. What I enjoy most, is the people who would never have the
chance to walk a pilgrimage, do so through my stories. That is my gift.

I often donate profits of my storytelling and my book to various
fundraisers, but I didn't think to walk for a cause. It's quite noble of
you.

Thanks for sharing your story.

Sue
sue.kenneyasympatico.ca