Trees on the Meseta

Robert Spenger rspengeraEARTHLINK.NET
Fri Sep 3 07:18:56 PDT 2004

What struck me about the trail side trees in 2000 was that on some
stretches the trees were planted on the north side and thus would
provide no shade whatever, unless you wanted to stop and stand off to
one side for a while. I didn't notice this in 2002, so perhaps the
north side trees had been removed. The tree lined area that I remember
best is the section leaving Logroño, which had been paved with cement
and had benches every 50 or 100 meters. I never did see anyone sitting
on any of the benches. As I remember, the trees on that section were on
the south where they might do some good in a few years - if they
survive and grow big enough.

regards,

Bob S.