Mendes remarks

Mulligan, Pat PMulliganaGOV.STATE.GA.US
Wed Sep 1 14:04:33 PDT 2004

that is the best thing Ive read today!  Good for you, rebekah.

 -----Original Message-----
From: Road to Santiago Pilgrimage [mailto:GOCAMINOapete.uri.edu]On Behalf Of
Rebekah Scott
Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 2004 4:26 PM
To: GOCAMINOapete.uri.edu
Subject: Re: Mendes remarks

Everyone seems to be so edgy and aggressive these days!
How about a collective deep breath, and a flash back to the silent
setting-off sensations of an early morning in Galicia. Those times and
places, the sensations of foot-bones, pack-straps, and water bottles were so
much more significant than which pol was running for what office.
The sky was rosy, the fog was lifting, and we all had 15 miles to walk that
day. Politics was another world, irrelevant.

Another thing to remember as the Sept. 11 anniversary arrives is that is
also Mother Teresa's unofficial feast day. It's so much more redemptive to
ponder her giving nature (in the face of overwhelming odds) than to once
again revisit all the hate, despair, and horror of that day in 2001.

Politicians, wars, and leaders come and go. It's important we do our part,
but smart people don't let themselves get crazy with it.

Rebekah

Rebekah Scott, periodista
Westmoreland County bureau
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette USA

  _____

Do you Yahoo!?
Win 1 of 4,000 free domain names from Yahoo! Enter
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=26640/*http://promotions.yahoo.com/goldrush>
now.